Phew – what a scorcher! And with this sort of hot weather comes the need for air-conditioning and refrigeration units to be working at their full capacity.
If you’re seeking advice on how to keep your cooling equipment running as efficiently as possible then read on for July’s Energy Saving Tips…
From packing tiny freezer compartments with lollies and choc-ices to keeping air-con units on full blast 24/7, there are plenty of ways to go slightly OTT during the summer months.
The energy saving tips below are aimed at helping you maintain a comfortable and cost-effective working environment and if you need any more information and advice please give us a ring: 01273 358 534 or email: info@retrostructure, straight away.
• Although it is tempting to whack the thermostat right down you don’t actually need temperatures to dip below the 25C mark to ensure a comfortable and cool work space.
• A great alternative to using artificial cooling methods is to open windows, doors and skylights and make the most of natural resources.
• If you are using an air-conditioner then make sure you set your timer according to when the building is occupied.
• Ensure all fridges and cold air ducts are insulated and shaded in order to keep them in tip- top condition.
• All systems, including: cooling controls, air-flow coils, filters and defrosters, need to be serviced preferably before they’re put through their paces during the summer.
• If you have an electrical area, for example, that requires cooling then make sure it’s sealed correctly to help prevent warm outside air entering and heating things up.
For more information on any of the tips and advice that we feature in the Retrostructure newsletter or if you’d like to see industry tips featured in a future edition, please email: email@example.comCategories: Latest News, Top Tips
Tags: ASHP, building energy, building retrofit, building tenant, carbon reduction, CIBSE, commercial building, commercial energy, continued support, CRC, DEC, design and retrofit, employee engagement, energy assessments, energy efficiency, energy saving ideas, energy saving tips, energy savings, EPC, finance, funding, Green Deal, Green Investment Bank, green project funding, GSHP, heat recovery, hidden benefits, HVAC, Low carbon assessor, M&V, measurement and verification, mechanical ventilation, natural ventilation, productivity, rain water harvesting, renewable energy, Retrostructure, solar pv, staff retention, Stroma, sustainable environment, sustainable measures, tenant engagement, Ventilation