This month our thoughts turn to air-conditioning with five practical tips for keeping your units in tip-top condition, as we make the transition from heating to cooling. Read more…
In this edition of the Retrostructure newsletter we feature an article that focuses on the benefits of getting your comfort cooling serviced. If you’re looking for further advice on how to keep your unit functioning to the best of its ability, then check out the practical tips below that are perfect as we turn our attention to the summer.
Practical tips on air-con maintenance
- It’s a great idea to test your unit when there’s no one else in the building. In this way you can find out if there are any odours or other problems that will need to be treated ASAP.
- Ensure building users know how to operate the air-conditioner correctly.
- Don’t forget to safeguard that all external equipment is free from any leaves or foliage which may have started to grow over or into vents.
- Make sure that your units are free from obstructions, such as boxes or files, and give grills and drains a thorough clean to prevent the build-up of dust.
- Check for any visible signs of mold or mildew that may affect the quality of air and cause an allergic reaction with building occupants.
For more practical tips and advice on ensuring energy efficiency throughout your building, speak to Retrostructure on: 01273 358 534 or email: email@example.comCategories: Latest News, Top Tips
Tags: ASHP, building energy, building retrofit, building tenant, carbon reduction, CIBSE, commercial building, commercial energy, continued support, CRC, DEC, design and retrofit, employee engagement, energy assessments, energy efficiency, energy saving ideas, energy saving tips, energy savings, EPC, Green Deal, Green Investment Bank, GSHP, heat recovery, HVAC, Low carbon assessor, M&V, measurement and verification, mechanical ventilation, natural ventilation, rain water harvesting, renewable energy, Retrostructure, solar pv, Stroma, tenant engagement, Ventilation